Wednesday, December 29, 2010

christmas partying!



So as I mentioned in an earlier post that we have a gingerbread house making competition every year that is pretty competitive.

I was only able to get two pictures from the entire night. oops. But here's the scoop...

Every year there is a theme, this year it was "Where does Santa vacation?"

It was a really fun idea. The winner (not us) created Santa's bed and he was dreaming and in his dream he was at Hawaii. It was very cute, they made his bed our of candy canes.

Our gingerbread house was the "HOLIDAY" inn... where all the Holidays vacation.

Here's the Holiday Inn. The front of the house is of course Christmas, the other sides are Halloween, Easter, and St. Patrick's Day. It was very fun, as always.




... Speaking of Gingerbread, we received these lovely cookies, maybe some are missing... But they were so good. There is nothing better than soft gingerbread and that's what these were!



... OTHER PARTIES



SO FUN! We went bowling at Fat Cats, and when I got there I was super confused to find out my bowling name was "Fortune Cookie." But come to find out, Fortune Cookie is a famous bowler's nickname. Everyone had a different famous bowlers name. It was so funny. And I hope that you can read all of these cause they are so funny!
I thought you would be interested in knowing that I won no prizes. I am maybe the worst bowler and the worst sport about it; once I'm losing I just goof off from there.


Same thing with mini golfing.



Here is everyone in our little high school dance poses.



These last couple pictures were taken at random... but still at holiday festivities!

this hat is not a joke. My Dad wears this everywhere during December.





My Mom has such a big family and it is so hard to get everyone together. But somehow we managed to almost accomplish it. We are only missing 3 people in this one. This is all of the girls on my Mom's side of the family. We got together the other day for a little brunch. And it was so fun to see everyone right after Christmas and hear about what's happening in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment